lunes, 28 de marzo de 2011

NEW GRAMMAR EXERCISES

Hi again, here you are some new grammar exercises. 





1.- WRITE THE MISSING WORDS.
a- She doesn't sing as well _____ me.
b- Your pronunciation is a lot better _____ mine.
c-The meeting is at the same time ____  last week.
d- My sister's personality is very different ______ mine.
e- "I didn't like the film much". Neither _____ I.
f- "Would you like to come to a party tomorrow?" "I'd love ____."
g- A good motorbike costs nearly as much _____ a car.
h- "Did anything interesting happen?" "I don't think _____".
i- I need some stuff _____ cleaning silver.
j- "I haven't got anything to wear."  "What _______ your blue dress?"
k- Why _______ you borrow something of mine?

2.- CHOOSE THE CORRECT WORD.
a- Where's  my/mine  brother gone?
b- You can't take that bike. It's  my/mine.
c- Ann and Johnny's garden is much nicer than  our/ours.
d- "Whose is that coat?"  "Your/yours".
e- They're nice people , but I don't like  their/theirs   friends.
f- Jane lost all  her/hers  baggage when she went to America.
g- If you show me  your/yours  holiday photos, I'll show you  my/mine.

3.- WRITE "got"  WHERE IT IS CORRECT.
a- Have you _____ a light?
b- Goodbye.  Have ____ a good holiday.
c- I usually have _____ lunch at one o'clock.
d- Excuse me.  Have you _____ the time?
e- I've ____ three brothers.
f- Have you ____ a few minutes? I'd like to have ____ a talk with you.
g- "What's the matter?" "I've _____ a headache".
h- My parents have ____ a small farm in Yorkshire.
i- Hello.  Nice to see you.  Sit down and  have ____ a drink.
j- She always has ____ a bath before she goes to bed.

* I hope you'll do the exercises well but if not, next day I'll write a grammar explanation about: Comparatives and  Possessive Adjectives and Pronouns,


SOLUTIONS 

1 a) as  b) than  c) than  d) from  e) did  f) to  g) as  h) so  i) for  j) about  k) don't

2 a) my  b) mine  c) ours  d) yours  e) their  f) her  g) your  /  mine

3 a) got  b) ___  c) ___  d) got  e) got  f) got / ___  g) ___  h) got  i) ___  j) ___


SEE YOU !!!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario