viernes, 3 de octubre de 2014

ENGLISH EXERCISES AND SENTENCES / Ejercicios de Inglés y Frases.

Hi to everyone, today we are going to do some  English exercises and sentences.  Here we go!


Hola a todo el mundo, hoy vamos a hacer algunos ejercicios de Inglés y algunas frases.  ¡Vamos allá!





GRAMMAR REVISION

1.- WRITE IN ENGLISH

a) El hombre apareció en la ventana de repente.
b) El profesor me miró con enfado.
c) Una furgoneta blanca apareció de repente.
d) Esa sopa huele fatal.
e) Ayer parecías enferma.
f) Cogió un trozo de pastel y lo probó.
g) El niño me miró con tristeza.
h) Investigaré el tema.
i) Ese piano suena horrible.

2.- WRITE   SOME /  ANY.

a) There is _____ cheese in the fridge.
b) There aren't ____ biscuits in the kitchen.
c) Have you bought _____ potatoes?
d) Can you give me ____ sugar?
e) No, I can't, I don't have _____.
f) There aren't _____ boys in my class.

SOME: se usa en frases afirmativas.
ANY:  se usa en frases negativas o interrogativas.

Estas dos palabras no tienen equivalencia en Español y se ponen delante de nombres en Inglés cuando NO indicamos la cantidad exacta de algo.

3.- WRITE THE INTERROGATIVE WORDS:  what/how/when/where/who.

a) ______ is your favourite singer?
b) ______ is your birthday?
c) ______ do you spell your name?
d) ______ is your favourite colour?
e) ______ many tables are there?
f) ______ much is this?
g) ______ is the nearest shop?
h) ______ long are you going to stay in the hotel?
i) ______ far is it to the city centre?
j) ______ often do you go to the gym?
k) ______kind of films do you like?
l) ______ time do you usually get up?

4.- WRITE THE QUESTIONS FOR THESE ANSWERS (look at the underlined words).

a) I would like to be a dancer.
b) I talked to the French teacher yesterday.
c) I have waited for the bus for one hour.
d) He will be here next week.
e) She is sixteen.
f) I have bought two jeans and two T-shirts.
g) I spoke to my sister last week.
h) He was talking about the weather.
i) They were born in Borneo.

REMEMBER:      QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS MUST BE IN THE SAME VERB TENSE.

RECORDAD:       PREGUNTAS Y RESPUESTAS TIENEN QUE ESTAR EN EL MISMO TIEMPO VERBAL. 

5.- COMBINE THE SENTENCES WITH A RELATIVE PRONOUN (don't use THAT)

a) The film was excellent.  I saw it yesterday on TV.
b) Teresa is a teacher.  She teaches English and French.
c) Did the boys play a football match last weekend?  Did you see them?
d) This is John.  He is my boyfriend.
e) They are the women.  They bought a lot of presents.
f) Are you an engineer?  Do you work for a firm?
g) The man _______ car is parked outside, is my English teacher.

REMEMBER:  Los pronombres relativos  sustituyen a personas o cosas y en Inglés son   WHO: quien, quienes (solo para personas) WHICH (cual, cuales, que) para cosas o animales.  WHOSE: cuyo, cuya, cuyos cuyas.


6.- WRITE THE VERBS IN BRACKETS IN Present Simple, Present continuous or Simple Past.

a) My parents  __________(buy)  a new car yesterday.
b) My dog ________(bark) now, it usually ______(bark) when it is hungry.
c) The day before yesterday my friends and I ______(go) skiing.
d) I love __________(read) , I usually _____(read) a book every week.
e) I ________(not, like) the film which I ______(see) last night.
f) My father ______(write) a letter at the moment.
g) _______(you,go) to New York last summer?  Yes, I _______.
h) The boys ______(study) English now.

PRESENT SIMPLE:  indica hábitos, cosas que hacemos siempre o todos los días.
PRESENT CONTINUOUS:  indica acciones que se realizan en el momento de hablar.
SIMPLE PAST:  indica una acción ocurrida en el pasado. Normalmente decimos cuándo se ha producido esa acción.

GOOD LUCK!!!

                                              **********************************


AND NOW THE SOLUTIONS

1.- IN ENGLISH.
a) The man suddenly appeared at the window.
b) The teacher looked at me angrily.
c) A white van suddenly appeared.
d) That soup smells horribly.
e) Yesterday you looked ill.
f) He/she  took a piece of cake and tasted it.
g) The child looked at me sadly.
h) I'll investigate the subject.
i) That piano sounds terribly.

2.- WRITE   SOME/ANY.
a) some
b) any
c) any
d) some
e) any
f) any

3.- WRITE  what/how, when, where, who.
a) what
b) when
c) how
d) what
e) how
f) how
g) where
h) how
i) how
j) how
k) what
l) what

4.- WRITE THE QUESTIONS
a) What would you like to be?
b) Who did you talk to yesterday?
c) How long have you waited for the bus?
d) When will he be here?
e) How old is she?
f) What have you bought?
g) Who did you speak to last week?
h) What  was he talking about?
i) Where were they born?

5.- COMBINE WITH A RELATIVE.
a) The film which I saw yesterday was excellent.
b) Teresa is a teacher who teaches English and French.
c) Did you see the boys who played football last weekend?
d) This is John who is my boyfriend.
e) They are the women who bought a lot of presents.
f) Are you an engineer who works for a firm?
h) The man whose car is parked outside, is my English teacher.

6.- WRITE THE VERBS IN PRESENT SIMPLE, PRESENT CONTINUOUS OR SIMPLE PAST.
a) bought
b) is barking   /   barks
c) went
d) reading   /   read
e) didn't like  /   saw
f) going   /   go
g) is writing
h) Did you go   /   did
i) are studying
                                                    ******************************


NEXT POST WILL BE ABOUT SOME FRENCH EXERCISES!!!!

SEE YOU!  AND ONE MORE TIME, THANKS FOR BEING THERE!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario