sábado, 30 de julio de 2011

EASY ENGLISH/TEXT AND EXERCISES - Inglés fácil -

Hi my dear friends, after a week on the beach, I'm again.  Here you can see a little text and some English exercises.
Hola queridos amigos, después de una semana en la playa, estoy aquí otra vez.  Aquí podéis ver un pequeño texto y algunos ejercicios de Inglés.



From the book "How to be an Alien" by George Mikes -adapted-

If you are invited to an English home, at five o'clock in the morning you get a cup of tea.  You must not say "Go away".  On the contrary, you have to say, with your best five o'clock smile: "Thank you so much, I love a cup of early morning tea, especially early in the morning".

Then you have tea for breakfast;  then you have tea at eleven o'clock in the morning;  then after lunch;  then you have tea for tea;  then after supper (cena);  and again at eleven o'clock at night.

You must not refuse tea under the following (siguientes)  circumstances:  if it is hot;  if it is cold;  if you are tired;  if anybody thinks that you might be tired;  if you are nervous;  if you are happy;  before you go out;  if you are out;  if you have just returned home;  if you have had no tea for some time;  if you have just had a cup.

You definitely must not follow my example, I sleep at five o'clock in the morning;  I have coffee for breakfast;  I drink innumerable cups of black coffe during the day.

The other day, for example, I wanted a cup of coffee and a piece of cheese for tea.  It was a very hot day, and my wife made some cold coffee and put it in the refrigerator, where it froze (se congeló)  solid.  On the other had, she left the cheese on the kitchen table, where it melted (se derritió).  So I had a piece of coffee and a glass of cheese!

Of course it is a funny story, tea is fantastic, I love tea and English tea is one of the best in the world!!
Por supuesto, se trata de una historia divertida;  el té es fantástico.  Yo adoro el té y  ¡¡el té inglés es uno de los mejores del mundo!!

LET'S PRACTISE SOME TENSES
Vamos a practicar algunos tiempos verbales.


RECUERDA:  el presente simple lo utilizamos para expresar acciones que se repiten y que manifiestan un tiempo presente simple real.  Con los adverbios de frecuencia "always, sometimes, often, never, etc" siempre ponemos presente simple.  Si en nuestra frase vemos que hay expresiones como "every day, every year, every moment, etc" , también presente simple.
El presente continuo se forma:  sujeto + verbo to be en presente + otro verbo terminado en -ing.  I'm studying:  yo estoy estudiando.
Se utiliza para describir acciones que hacemos en el momento de hablar y si en nuestra frase vemos palabras como:  still, now, at the moment, pondremos también este tiempo.

1.- WRITE PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS.
1.- Water _________ (boil) at 100ºC.
2.- Hot air ________(rise).
3.- My uncle _______(work) in a factory.
4.- John and Mary _________(wear) glasses.
5.- He only ______(go out) on Saturdays.
6.- I always _____(work) at weekends.
7.- The baby _____(eat)  at the moment.
8.- She never _______(get) up very early.
9.- I _________(read) a nice book at the moment.

2.- WRITE SIMPLE PRESENT OR CONTINUOUS (again).
I ______(study) English at Exeter University.  I'm on holiday at the moment and I _____(work) in a public library.  I'm lucky to have this job.  I _______(not, have to) get up early.  The library _______(open) at 10 a.m. and ______(close) at 7.  People
_______(always, come in) and ________(ask) me to help them, so I _______(learn) a lot about different subjects.

3.- WRITE THE PAST OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS /escribe el pasado simple de los verbos entre paréntesis)
1.- We _______(wait) for   an hour yesterday.
2.- Joan _______(clean) her room on Friday.
3.- I ______(go) to the cinema last week.
4.- You ______(come) to my house last Sunday.
5.- He _______(stop) when he saw me.

4.- WRITE  some/any.
1.- There are ______ apples in the basket.
2.- Get _______ meat and salad.
3.- Some people don't eat _____ meat.
4.- You can't find _____ biscuits in that tin (lata).
5.- Is there ______ news of him?

5.- WRITE MUCH, MANY, A LOT OF.
1.- There isn't _____ space in this apartment.
2.- You have ______ books here.
3.- Is there _____ milk in the fridge?
4.- There aren't ______ pandas in China.
5.- I have got _____ time.
6.- You haven't got _____ notebooks.

                                     *****************************


SOLUTIONS 

1.-WRITE PRESENT SIMPLE OE CONTINUOUS.
1.-BOILS
2.-RISES
3.-IS WORKING
4.-ARE WEARING
5.-GOES OUT
6.-WORK
7.-IS EATING
8.-GETS UP
9.-AM READING

2.- SIMPLE PRESENT OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS,
-am studying
-am working
-don't have to
-opens
-closes
-always come in
ask
am learning.

3.-WRITE THE PAST TENSE.
1-waited.
2.-cleaned.
3.-went.
4.-came.
5.-stopped.

4.- SOME/ANY.
1.-some.
2.-some.
3.-any.
4.-any.
5.-any.

5.-MUCH, MANY, A LOT OF.
1.-much.
2.-a lot of.
3.-much.
4.-many.
5.-a lot of.
6.-many.

                              ***************************************

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

SEE YOU!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario